Thursday, December 31, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Here is a link to my appearance on the 24 hour podcast Saturday, Dec 12th, 2009. We talked about Zune Video Podcast in Windows 7 Media Center experience. Give it a watch and at the end of the video you can see our cat "Si" make an appearance on this live video podcast.
Here is the second hour of my appearance on the 24 hour live video podcast. I talk about the latest in electric car technology - Tesla S, Nissan Leaf and Coda.
at 2:04 PM
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
The recent Zune HD announcements have been exciting and it is great to see so many others excited about it as well. The images of the device do not show "Podcasts" as a top menu item, but it is in the mix and thriving on the entire Zune platform and devices. The Podcast menu item appears when you select a podcast to be added to your collection. The new Zune HD will continue to support audio and video podcasts. Zune is commited to offering podcast content as we have 4 people working on the Zune Podcast area. We will continue to expand the podcast catalog that is also available at our Zune.net podcast area.
Update: Engadget has a nice article and set of hands-on gallery photos of the new Zune HD that shows clearly that Podcasts are indeed part of the top level navigation on the new device. Read it and see the photos.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Zune has a steady flow of new podcast series coming into the Zune Podcast Directory and many really great ones never get the deserved audience attention for a variety of reasons. So, starting with this post will be a regular flow on this blog about new and cool podcasts that are the best of the best.
Here is this week’s list.
- SuperNews from Current TV is a full-episode animated video podcast makes fun of current events and online culture.
- President Obama's Weekly Address and Key Speeches – Video
- President Obama's Weekly Address and Key Speeches – Audio
- Coverville is a long-running music podcast produced/hosted by pioneering podcaster Brian Ibbott that has published almost 600 episodes.
- College Humor original videos are shockingly funny and like a box of chocolates as you never know what you are going to get with this very high quality produced viral video.
- Digg Dialog is hosted by Digg co-founder and Diggnation co-host Kevin Rose as he shows his more serious side.
- Smosh Videos are produced by YouTube stars Anthony Padilla and Ian Hecox. This series won a YouTube award for Best Comedy.
- Motley Fool Money podcast is your weekly dose of financial news, commentary and tips.
- NPR: Planet Money you'll meet high rollers, brainy economists and regular folks -- all trying to make sense of our rapidly changing global economy.
- Rotten Tomatoes Show from Current TV is a fun and very well produced movie review show. So before you go to the movies this coming weekend check latest full-episode.
The links above will take you to our page for them in our Zune.net podcast directory.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
The news that broke last week that Zune.net now has all 12 thousand podcasts available for streaming or download from the web site now. The streaming part is only available for audio podcasts at this time, but could be considered one of the largest online podcast directories online.
The real significant story that has yet to be blogged about is that podcast feeds can now be submitted through Zune.net. This is great for all those Apple Mac users who are making great podcast content and can now submit their feeds. They will also see them in the catalog and this is something that I have been working to get happen for many months at Zune.
It has been many years since a new online podcast directory has launched and is a significant development for the podcast industry.
I want to clear up any rumors about me “moving on” from Zune. It is true that I was off for many weeks, but I am back working on Zune Podcasts as a Podcast Producer that is doing the podcast community relations, editorial and promo features for the Zune software platform at Microsoft.