The great slim looking Nokia N75 has just been released into the wild on ATT (Cingular) network and is the first high-end, UMTS 3G, Symbian S60 3rd Edition smartphone to launch on ATT's (Cingular) network. The news on the street says that these very cool looking N75 phones are selling like hotcakes. It looks like Nokia may have a hit here in the USA market with a series 60 smartphone.
The phone also features a 2 megapixel camera and music player. It has a full Web browser, Bluetooth support and memory card slot. The N75 has dual speakers for stereo music playback and with its DRM software it is compatible with a number of online music services, such as Yahoo Music. Best of all the N75 supports Mobilcast, as we have been testing on it for months now.
For ATT and Nokia to get together and offer this thin flip phone in the U.S. represents a major step forward in the two working to bring more feature-packed phones to US consumers. It is available today for $200 after rebates.
Nokia N75 - Specs Review Key Features include
- S60 3rd Edition - Triband (WCDMA 850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Dimensions - 95mm x 52mm x 20.2mm - Weight: 123.5g
The N75 is somewhat smaller and lighter than the N70 (95,9mm x 53mm x 21.8mm, 126g). And compared to RAZR (98 x 53 x 14 mm). Anyway, remember that the N75 is a smartphone with a lot of features that makes it thicker.
- Main screen is 2.4 inch (240 x 320 pixels) with up to 16 million colors
- Cover screen is 1.36 inches (160 x 128) with up to 262k colors
- 40 MB of internal memory with hotswap microSD support
- Bluetooth profile 2.0
- Infared (irDA)
- Video Capture up to 15 frames per second
- Digital Music Player supporting MP3, M4A, AAC, eAAC+, WMA with playlists
- FM Radio
- Dedicated Music Keys in the cover UI (user interface)
- Stereo Speakers with 3D Audio
- E-mail (SMTP, IMAP4, POP3), MMS, SMS, PIM, call management
- Email Attachements Viewing
- MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint, PDF and ZIP
- 2 megapixel (1600 x 1200 pixels) camera, intergrated flash, dedicated capture key, digital zoom
- On-device photo and video editor
Nokia N75 Camera
The camera has 2 megapixels (1600 x 1200 pixels), integrated flash and a dedicated capture key. The zoom is a digital one (not autofocus, which often is better). The phone has a on-device photo and video editor. Resolution of video is 352 x 288, 176 x 144 and it captures video up to 15 frames per second.
Comparison: The N70 has 2 megapixels and the N70 video is also 352 x 288 pixels and with the same 15 frames per second. Is this the same camera? If it´s the same camera quality is good.
Contents in sales package include:
- Nokia Stereo Headset HS-28
- Nokia Audio Adapter AD-41
- Nokia BL-5BT Battery